Many UAE companies make digital marketing mistakes because they rush into digital marketing campaigns, without actually understanding what is needed to reach success. If you have ever invested in a digital marketing campaign that yielded low-quality results, this may be because you gave in to some common digital marketing myths. Or it may be simply because you didn’t have enough experience.
Here are some digital marketing mistakes you should avoid at all costs in order to achieve remarkable results:
- Insufficient prior planning. Whether you have a lot of money to spend on digital marketing or not, you should still take enough time to plan your strategy. Before investing in any digital marketing initiative, here is what you should consider:
– Your customers – Who are your customers? Where can you find them? How can you reach them? What do they want? What do they need?
– Your competitors – Who are your competitors? What are they better at, compared to you? How do they do their digital marketing?
– Your goals – What are you hoping to achieve? How are you going to measure the impact of your efforts? Do you have specific goals and performance indicators?
– Your budget – What is your total budget for this marketing campaign? What is the budget breakdown for each item of the digital marketing strategy?
– Your experience – What have you learned from our previous digital marketing efforts?
– Your strengths – What do you do best?
– Your weaknesses – What do you need to improve?
– Your opportunities – What are the specifics of the current context which you could use to your advantage?
– Your threats – What are the risks and challenges?
- Unrealistic expectations. Many companies expect immediate results, regardless of the amount they have invested in their digital marketing campaigns. Although digital marketing may deliver faster than traditional marketing, this is not the same as getting instant results. It is always a good idea to balance your expectations against your budget by talking openly to your digital marketing team. A good UAE digital marketing agency will make sure you understand what is feasible and what is not. They will also give you information about the realistic time frames that should be associated with each marketing initiative. For instance, provided proper prior planning has been carried out, a pay-per-click campaign may yield results after 90 days, whereas social media marketing might bear fruit in as little as 30 days. The effects of search engine optimization can take much longer (90-180 days) because Google optimization standards change very frequently.
- Lack of assessment standards. Investing in a marketing campaign that lacks assessment standards and indicators is a waste of money. Like with any other type of investment, you need to track the return you get from a digital marketing campaign. Analytics software allows digital marketers to monitor the impact of even the smallest investment. Even if you have sourced a digital marketing agency to handle your campaign, you should still be informed about the performance of your marketing efforts. This does not necessarily mean you should purchase and learn how to use specialized software. In fact, you may even think there is no point in hiring a digital marketer if you’re going to spend on your own marketing software, too. This is a justified point of view. However, there are other ways to go about it. For instance, many online marketing tools offer a free subscription, whereas others offer a free trial period, so you don’t have to commit to a paid plan right away. And often, you can do as little as logging into AdWords to check the account history associated with your pay-per-click campaign.